The foundational basics of skin your facialist NEEDS to know
A good skin consultation is how your facialist / skin therapist / aesthetician will create customised in clinic skin treatments for you
An effective consultation requires a sound understanding of skin anatomy & physiology. The MSKIN PRO range contains ingredients & chemistry that works in conjunction with the physiological processes of your skin, we refer to this as “Bio mimetic” or “Skin identical” ingredients/actives.
To correctly prescribe MSKIN PRO you will need to identify which layer or structure in the skin is the site of the problem.
The Epidermis consists of five (5) layers
- Stratum Corneum
- Stratum Lucidium
- Stratum Granulosum
- Stratum Spinosum
- Stratum Basale
MSKIN PRO predominantly focus on
- Stratum Corneum: Corneocytes form the outer layer of the epidermis
- Stratum Spinosum: Melanosome transfer, Langerhan Cells.
- Stratum Basale: Melanocytes, Stem Cells.
- The Papillary & Reticular Dermis
- Provides structure & strength
- Capillaries & larger vessels deliver blood, oxygen and nutrients to stem cells & melanocytes.
- Fibroblasts: Responsible for collagen, elastin & glycosaminoglycans (GAGS) production. They require systemic Vitamin C to produce Collagen.
- Macrophages: large white blood cell that is an important part of our immune system.
The Subcutaneous Layer is the deepest layer, consists of Adipose tissue, larger vessels & about 5% of fibroblasts